TEC Internships are open to junior and senior high school students, and college students*.
* COLLEGE STUDENTS: Please contact us by phone - early and before applying. Please also check your school's requirements for credit with your advisor.
- 4 consecutive weeks
- average 15 hrs each week
- 2 - 3 days each week
- 60 hours total
Academic Year (Fall or Spring)
Registration: at least 8 weeks before desired start date
- 10 - 12 consecutive weeks
- 6 - 8 hrs after school each week
- 2 - 3 days after school each week
- 60 hours total
High School Internships are UNPAID:
- Students may receive credit for their participation from their individual school. Credit is determined by the school the student attends.
- A certificate of successful completion is awarded to each participating student and a letter stating the student's participation is sent to each student's counselor/advisor once all requirements of the internship are fulfilled.
Are You Ready for an Internship?
It takes a mature, responsible and motivated individual to be successful in an internship.
Before applying, students must consider if they can realistically manage an internship if they have a part-time job, vacation plans and after school activities.
Please read and consider the following pre-screening criteria:
- Must have completed 2 years of high school
- For Summer Internships: must be able to work 15 hours/wk across 3 days/wk for 4 consecutive weeks
- For Academic year/after school Internships: must be able to work 6 hours/wk, 2-3 afternoons/wk, for 10-12 consecutive weeks
- Must have reliable transportation, and backup options, to and from internship site
- Must be willing to adhere to internship site policies, procedures and dress code
- Be realistic about placement location
- Understand that the internship placement could be terminated if student's behavior is not acceptable
- Be able to perform assigned duties/tasks to the best of his/her ability and keep an open mind about learning about a career