TEC Member District 23-24 School Year Offerings
Are you interested in supporting district families who need a full-time remote option? Or interested in offering students an online course to accelerate their learning, to expand their interests with an appealing elective or to support students in need of credit recovery?
As approved by DESE and supported by TECCA, TEC can offer your district high quality online courses designed for your district students with MA-Certified Online Teacher Support.
Our member districts are: Canton, Dedham, Dover, Dover-Sherborn, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton, Medfield, Medway, Millis, Natick, Needham, Norwood, Sherborn, Walpole, Wayland, and Westwood.
Check with your guidance counselor or District Contact about how to enroll in these courses or contact Antoinette Leshore at 781-352-5719.
The credentialed, MA certified teachers provide synchronous instruction through weekly LiveLesson sessions, student- and teacher-initiated direct instruction. They serve as the teacher of record, respond to student-initiated email and telephone calls; grades assignments; moderates discussion boards; and assigns final grades. Our course catalog is aligned to Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and contains courses in the following categories for grades K-12: Core Courses, Advanced Courses (Advanced Placement), Elective Courses, CTE, World Languages, and National Test Prep. See below for new information about synchronous instructional opportunities offered through LiveLesson sessions.
Important details for 23-24 SY:
- The frequency of LiveLessons vary by course. Core courses generally meet once/week, and electives meet every other week to monthly, depending on the course. Frequency of lessons will be shared at the start of school. Students may review recorded lessons or attend class live.
- We will offer targeted, small group intervention sessions by invitation for students who are struggling to master broader concepts. We saw much greater demand for small group support versus attendance at LiveLessons, so we have adjusted the frequency of LiveLessons and added this instructional opportunity.
- Teachers will host three "Teacher Time" sessions (formerly known as office hours) each week. Students may drop in individually or work in small groups with their teacher. This schedule will be shared at the start of school.
- New live classroom sessions for Elementary students taking 3+ courses:
- K-5 "Circle Time/Homeroom" every Monday and Friday. Homeroom Huddles on Monday, and DISH (Drop In and Say Hi) on Friday.
- K-2 literacy sessions offered every day of the week.
- All enrollment licenses are reusable, refillable. So if a student withdraws from a course, then you can reuse that course enrollment for any student who wants to take any course from the course catalog in that school year.
- There is no drop-period for licenses.
- Each district has 80 free seats per school year. These seats are non-transferable between school years.