Internship Placements - Where will I intern?
- TEC offers internships in traditional careers such as Finance, Engineering, Journalism, Marketing, etc. as well as other less-explored careers. Not all internships available are listed here, if you do not see your career of choice listed, please contact us.
- Students must be willing to explore various environments based on initial ideas and with input from Internship Coordinator after their screening interview.
- You will choose 2 careers of interest when applying online. Your Internship Coordinator will consider both choices when matching you with a sponsor organization. We take into consideration: your interests, your strengths, your skills (and those required by the sponsor), your time availability and geographic parameters.
- Student interns should be willing to accept both career strands listed on their application as internship placements.
- You must have transportation to and from your internship placement.
- Below are examples of careers that students can explore.
- We work with companies and organizations in the Boston Metrowest area, from small to large, and provide placements in more than 30 careers of interest.
- Our talented internship mentors are dedicated men and women professionals who work for the sponsor organizations. They allow students to shadow, provide career advice and learning opportunities. To view what we look for in a mentor, please click here.
- Your Internship Coordinator will support you during the internship process:
- creating or improving your resume
- preparing for your sponsor interview
- facilitating your placement and career exploration
- answering any question via email or phone
- communicating news, events
- Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received. We encourage students to apply as soon as we open our registration.
Internships in popular careers fill up fast and spots are limited in some careers. Apply EARLY!
Registration for SUMMER 2022 will open January 19 through April. If you are interested in an Academic Internship (after school hours), please contact us at 781-326-2473 X 721
- Medical Research
- Physical Therapy
- Veterinary Medicine
- Environmental Science
- Computer Science
- Graphic Design
- Criminal Justice/law enforcement
- Sports Mgmt
- Real Estate
- Special Education
- Radio, TV
- for other opportunities, please inquire
* Due to HIPPA laws, students interested in pursuing medicine should consider an internship in Physical Therapy, Veterinary Medicine or Medical research.
Interested in mentorship?
Our dedicated mentors are extremely vital and the key to our Program's success.
If you are interested in hosting a student, please view this sheet to see what we look for in our mentors.
If you are interested in hosting one of our awesome students, we encourage you to fill out an online work plan to get a better sense of your organization and what you would be looking for in an intern.
All interested mentors and organizations may reach out to Emily Manz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.