Physical Education is Important! Here’s why …
As we begin this unusual school year, it is more important than ever to help people in our communities understand that a thriving physical education program is essential to students’ wellness and to a well-balanced school curriculum. This two-credit course is designed to give teachers and administrators the knowledge and confidence to speak of the importance of including Physical Education, Health and Wellness in a well-balanced curriculum. Participants will:
- identify key components of a quality K-12 PEHW program.
- explain how frequent participation in quality physical education can improve attention span, enhance cognitive processing and retention of information.
- identify important stakeholders who are interested in maintaining vibrant PEHW programs.
- develop communication strategies, including social media, to address important constituencies of parents, school administrators, teachers, and legislators.
- create an advocacy plan that supports the continuation of a strong PEHW program.
Take advantage of this course to help you strengthen the Physical Education, Health, Wellness program in your district!
Course title: Physical Education is Important! Here’s why …
Facilitated online course ~ 2 graduate credits available ~ 24 PDPs
$360 / TEC Members; $410 Non-TEC Members
October 6, 13, 20, 27; November 10, 17, 24; December 1 from 4:00 – 7:00PM
Audience: K-12 Physical Educators and Administrators.
Please click on this link for registration details: