The Federation for Children with Special Needs is offering a Parent Consultant Training Institute (PCTI) this summer! PCTI is an intensive training program designed to provide parents and professionals with a solid foundation in special education laws, procedures, and related subjects. Class size is limited, so register early!
The training generally consists of 40-54 hours of instruction and includes topics such as:
- Basic Rights in Special Education
- IDEA and MGL c 71B legislative history
- Special Education advocacy and implementation of the law
- Writing Measurable IEP Goals
- Effective Progress and Hot Topics
- Neuropsychological Evaluations
- Academic Evaluations
- Discipline and Suspension
- Introduction to the Transition Planning Process
- Transition Assessments
- Section 504
- Families and Culture
- Effective Communication
Registration is now open for FCSN’s Summer 2021 PCTI sessions!
Our online Summer 2021 5-Day Intensive synchronous (live) session will take place June 21-25, 2021, from 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM.
Not available to join the live sessions? No problem!
We will also offer an asynchronous option which will include recordings of presentations along with interactive learning modules.
Our online asynchronous session will take place over four weeks from July 7 – August 2, 2021.
- A fee of $100 will be charged to those who withdraw from the program less than five working days before the first class of our upcoming summer sessions.
- No refunds will be given to those who withdraw on or after the first day of class.
- For registration or payment-related questions, please contact our business office at 617-236-7210.
The registration fee includes digital presentation materials and resources. Registrations will be accepted until the class is full.
Website link to PCTI: FCSN | PTIC | Parent Consultant Training Institute (PCTI)
For questions, contact Sara Nino at firstname.lastname@example.org.